This seminal work which surveys the historical rise and fall of religious orders and congregations reveals the fundamental dispositions that these institutions need to integrate into a new spirituality and sense of mission.
• Being faithful to the new Reign of God as a companionship of empowerment
• Internalising a cyclic sense of the paschal mystery in history
• Embracing God's creation as our primary eschatological space
• Learning from the great Foundresses, including Mary Josephine Rogers
• Reading the signs of the times of the 21st centur